If you really want to know all about hoverboards for kids, then you’ve come to the right place. This guide will help you find the best hoverboard for your kid.
Ever since their original inception back in the 1960s, hoverboards have always been quite an exotic concept. To be fair, they’re much more “realistic” right now as, compared to that period, at least we don’t speak of the flying “spaceship-like” thingies (yep, that’s exactly what M.K. Joseph thought of back in the day) but, it’s still something that you don’t see every day.
Hoverboards for Kids – What You Need to Know
Having that in mind, we should note that their popularity is rising each and every year. That trend is higher in the western countries but, even in the eastern ones, you can see that many people are looking forward to buying them. That will certainly keep growing in the future as well.
The next thing that we have to address is the exact purpose of these products. While the main purpose is definitely transportation, the second (and the most obvious one) is pure fun. Ideally, hoverboards are designed for children and people who……..well, still feel that way despite their age.
Compared to classic skateboards, for example, hoverboards, in general, are a much better investment. They are safer, they are designed by using the materials of much greater quality and they work by using the latest (and safest) technology.
An ideal hoverboard nowadays is maybe not a flying spaceship but, it’s not really that far away either. The way everything develops nowadays, who knows what the future may bring.
If you’re looking to buy a perfect hoverboard for your child and you need an advice, this is the right place that will (hopefully) provide some valuable answers.
Buying hoverboards for kids is not an easy task. When you don’t know what to look for and when you have so many different options available on the market, the whole situation can quickly become overwhelming. It’s even harder if you don’t have a fixed budget and, in that case, the whole thing quickly ends up being a nightmare.
The 10 hoverboards for kids that you will find in this article are, in my opinion, the best ones that you can get in 2018. The list has been compiled by using several different parameters – quality, price, user feedback and the product documentation that comes along with the package.
I will not rank these products from “best to worst” and/or from “worst to best” because each product has its own pros and cons and there are numerous different factors that decide whether the customer will be satisfied or not. Most of that is subjective as well.
None of these products is perfect either but, the keynote here is that each of these 10 hoverboards for kids is definitely worth buying and, in each of these 10 cases, the number of upsides is greater than the number of downsides. Always keep that in mind.
Also keep in mind that, no matter what hoverboard you decide to go for, you’ll need to spend some decent money to get some actual quality. But you probably know that already since you’ve come here to read some useful input related to this subject.
Now that we sorted everything out, it’s time to begin.
T5 Entry Level Hoverboard for Kids and Young Adults (Swagtron)
There is no better way to start off than introducing an entry level hoverboard. Unlike most other (similar) hoverboards for kids, this model from Swagtron has a great mix of price and quality. The hoverboard looks very basic but, you can easily tell that the materials are all top-quality as soon as you start examining the product a little closer.
The best thing about this product is that it has a nice learning curve (which is not surprising as this self-balancing hoverboard is primarily aimed at young children and/or beginners in general) and it provides great stability.
In Standard Mode, the speed can go up to 7 mph which is more than enough for any child. It’s not too fast in a way that requires your constant attention and, on the other hand, it’s not too slow either. Of course, keep in mind that the speed can also be restricted in case your child is using the Practice Mode regime.
This hoverboard is able to carry any child up to 187.4 lbs and its overall weight is only 18.9 lbs. Another thing worth mentioning is that the hoverboard also possesses a battery indicator that can be used to track the battery power. That way, you won’t have to worry that your hoverboard will just stop working out of nowhere.
As I said, buying hoverboards for kids is not an easy task but, this is certainly a good model to start off with. A great price, an even better quality and the whole newbie-friendly concept of this model are only some of the reasons why you should give this hoverboard a try.
Not only that you will hardly find a better offer (of similar quality), especially in this price range…you will also get a great starting point that can only be expanded in the (nearest) future. So, if your question is “I am looking at all these hoverboards of kids, which one should I go for?”, the answer is – go for this one.
- Out of all hoverboards for kids, this is certainly one of the best choices for beginners and a great starting point for the future as well.
- The price is very acceptable as well and the product is very cost-effective too.
- The hoverboard has a very nice learning curve and a great support too.
- In the long run, you may notice some mild stability issues.
- At some points, the battery indicator may not function properly.
T580 App-Enabled Bluetooth Hoverboard (Swagtron)
The second entry on our list of best hoverboards for kids in 2018 is another model that comes from Swagtron – T580. Compared to the previous hoverboard, this one really looks modern and unique. Heck, it even looks overwhelming at first (especially when you take a look at all the features that are covered with this one).
Anyway, this may not be an ideal first choice for your kid unlike some other hoverboards for kids but, it’s still perfectly viable nonetheless. The hoverboard itself is designed from only the UL-approved materials and the 6.5″ rubber tires are there to ensure that your child enjoys the ride(s) as much as possible.
The speed can go up to 7.5 mph and the product comes with two 150 W dual motors that are designed to optimize the overall performance on every level.
Even though I said that, unlike some hoverboards for kids, this may not be an ideal first choice, T580 still comes with 3 different modes so, you can easily choose the most suitable one and the one that your child will enjoy the most.
Last (but not least), this hoverboard is equipped with all the latest technologies and they will certainly raise the whole experience to a whole new level. You won’t see that many hoverboards for kids that support Bluetooth and that even have their own application that allows you (and your child) to use some advanced features like the map function and the music player, in particular.
You will also be able to easily track the battery power via the specific battery indicators that come along with this hoverboard.
This great-looking beauty doesn’t cost a lot and, if you want a unique model that will easily help your child to stand out from the crowd, there are not that many other hoverboards for kids that will give you such a great mix of price and quality.
T580 is, at least, worth checking out. And, if you decide to buy it, I am sure that neither you nor your child will regret that decision in the end.
- This is a truly unique hoverboard that comes with plenty of different commodities and all of them will make your child’s life so much easier.
- T580 has a full Bluetooth support and some of its functions will also increase the overall enjoyment that comes with this product.
- The price is very reachable, especially for such an advanced product.
- If you’re looking for a more beginner-oriented solution, this may not be the most appropriate hoverboard for your child. If that is the case, you should probably look for some alternative hoverboards for kids instead.
Hoverfly XL All Terrain Hoverboard (GOTRAX)
When you first take a look at this piece of hoverboards for kids, it looks very simple and, I should say, very basic as well. But, as soon as you start investigating the whole thing a bit further, you will quickly realize that this simplistic shell actually contains a lot more.
The first thing that I need to mention is that this hoverboard is really big. You will quickly notice that it’s much bigger compared to other (more) standard hoverboards (and other hoverboards for kids, in general, as well).
But, as the name suggests, this model was designed to cope with all kinds of different terrains so, ideally, your child should be able to ride it anywhere.
This is a great thing to keep in mind as most standard hoverboards for kids struggle whenever the terrain is only mildly uneven.
This model was designed by using only the top-quality materials and, we should also add that all of these pieces are fully UL 2272 tested and certified. The dual 350 W motors will give your hoverboard an optimal performance during the entire uptime period and the 8.5-inch tires are there to ensure that every ride is a lasting one.
The maximum speed is 7.4 mph and the maximum (supported) weight is 220 lbs which is more than enough in the long run.
The best thing about this product, however, is the fact that it can be used by older people just as effectively as well. The fact that it supports so much weight and the fact that the whole concept is so universal are both ideal not only for children but for adults as well.
Everyone can have fun with this “toy”, really. Oh, and you can also choose one out of several different colors for this hoverboard (in case you are not satisfied with the default one).
In general, if you want a somewhat “basic” hoverboard and you don’t want to spend additional money to get a more modern and/or a more “trendy” model, this one certainly deserves to be considered.
Unlike some of the other hoverboards for kids, there’s no risk that this one will be outgrown by your child anytime soon. And that’s what we all want and what we all should aim for – a long-lasting quality.
- Hoverfly XL is a high-quality hoverboard that is able to cope with all kinds of uneven terrains while providing a great stability all the way through.
- This hoverboard can be used just as effectively by both children and the older adults as well.
- All the pieces are UL 2272 certified and the construction of the whole hoverboard is both lasting and durable at the same time.
- Unlike most other hoverboards for kids, this one is slightly bigger and it may cause certain issues (at least until the child adapts to it).
- As the hoverboard is designed to go through various different settings, even despite all the warranties, it’s not really smart to leave your child unchecked when handling this product (that is not the case with some of the more standard hoverboards for kids).
Two-Wheel Self Balancing Hoverboard (Hoverheart)
It’s time to break away from the more traditional design that we saw earlier. Unlike most hoverboards for kids, this one really looks “futuristic” and, just by looking at this picture, you really get the impression that you are now a part of the “Star Wars” universe (or another similar one).
Other than looking really amazing, it’s certainly not the only reason why this particular model made it to our list of best hoverboards for kids in 2018. This model comes up with a very reachable price that is somewhat lower than the price of the previously described hoverboards for kids.
That, however, doesn’t mean that this is a bad hoverboard, on the contrary! As you may expect, all the pieces are UL 2272 approved and certified. The model feels sturdy and it provides sufficient stability in the long run.
The hoverboard also has two 6.5-inch tires, two 200 W dual motors and, lastly, this model also comes equipped with some LED lights as well. This is a really handy addition and it helps a lot when your child is riding the hoverboard at night. This isn’t really a classic feature that you can expect from a lot of other hoverboards for kids.
There is one more thing worth mentioning here – all the materials of this hoverboard are covered with an anti-fire plastic cover. That basically means that there’s no risk that the hoverboard will be set on fire if it gets in contact with (potentially) flammable materials.
If you have a somewhat limited budget and if you are not able to afford some more expensive hoverboards for kids, this Two-Wheel Self Balancing Hoverboard should be an ideal choice.
You can’t really end up wasting your money and, if your child outgrows it at some point, you can always buy another one when you are able to.
- This hoverboard is a great choice for parents who are unable to buy some of the more expensive hoverboards for kids.
- The design of this model is something that really sells it easily (in most cases anyway).
- Some of the features like the integrated LED lights and the anti-fire plastic cover certainly help this model to stand out from the other hoverboards for kids on the market.
- Unlike some of the more expensive hoverboards for kids, this one definitely lacks some functionalities of those particular models. So, this (somewhat) lower price is there for a reason.
- Even though the materials provide enough quality that ensures quality rides, in the long run, the durability of these materials could be questionable (again, in the long run).
Music-Rhythmed LED Hoverboard (TOMOLOO)
If the previous hoverboard gave you some “Star Wars” vibes, this one will make you feel as if you are handling a product that comes from the next century!
The design of this hoverboard is absolutely ground-breaking. The colors match perfectly and you can immediately tell that you have something extraordinary here. All the materials are UL 2272 certified and the batteries have both UL 2272 and MSDS/UN38.3 certificates as well.
Just like Hoverheart’s Two-Wheel Self Balancing Hoverboard, this one also uses anti-fire materials. They are made by using the same principles that are used to create iPhone shells and they provide extreme durability as well as a high-temperature resistance. This model also has LED systems being added and they function perfectly.
In addition to that, the most powerful feature that makes this product really stand out from the rest of the crowd is a “music-rhythmed” concept.
The hoverboard has a full Bluetooth 4 support and it’s equipped with full stereo surround sound. Upon riding this hoverboard, your child will quickly notice how the LED lights change their colors depending on the music’s rhythm.
This makes the whole ride even more enjoyable as, not only that the music itself will add a big contribution to that, these disco lights will really make your child feel special when he/she handles this hoverboard.
If you have the money and if you want to buy one of the best hoverboards for kids not only on Amazon but overall as well – there is no way to go wrong with this product. The worst thing that can happen is that your child becomes too “spoiled” by it but, that is an issue that can be easily resolved.
- This is one of the most unique and certainly one of the best hoverboards for kids that you can buy this year.
- All materials are top-quality and they ensure safety and enjoyment at the same time.
- The “music-rhythmed” concept is one of the most original ones in this market.
- Even though it’s perfectly understandable, the price is too high, especially for people with limited budgets.
- There is a year-long warranty that covers all the materials but not the charger as well! The charger only has a half a year warranty which isn’t really the most optimal solution.
Self Balance Hoverboard (MegaWheels)
Sometimes when people want to buy a particular product, they don’t necessarily look for the best product on the market and they also don’t need an exceptional product when it comes to features, functionality….or, simply put, something else. They want the product to do its job, they want safety and they want to be sure that their money ends up down the drain for nothing.
If you recognized yourself in these words, this is the right hoverboard for you. While this one doesn’t have some of the more advanced functionalities that the more expensive hoverboards for kids have, it’s still able to provide enough quality for me to recommend it here. If you heard the term “a safe choice”, you should definitely recognize some traits in these lines. This hoverboard belongs to that category.
MegaWheels is a well-known name in this market and their primary focus is safety. The same thing applies to this product as well. All the pieces have the necessary UL certificates and all of them are able to provide enough quality for lengthy rides regardless of your child’s age.
With a maximum speed of about 7.5 mph and 2 250 W motors, this hoverboard quickly becomes a very reasonable investment. The weight support that goes up to 242 lbs makes this hoverboard universally suitable for children of any age and the 6.5″ tires will make the rides, not just smooth and enjoyable, but comfortable as well.
If you want a more basic solution, this hoverboard is almost certainly a “best buy” material. It’s flexible and suitable for children of any age and any experience level as well. Yep, that’s right, even the beginners can use it! Just choose the right the color and watch your child having a blast each time he/she decides to ride this amazing hoverboard.
- This is a simple but very powerful hoverboard and it provides all the functionalities that should satisfy most children (and their parents).
- This hoverboard is suitable for all skill levels and for children of any age at the same time as well.
- The price is very accessible and it’s a great choice for anyone who wants a good hoverboard that should (hopefully) last for quite some time.
- Even despite being a great low-cost hoverboard, it cannot be compared with some of the more advanced hoverboards for kids.
- This product doesn’t have that many unique traits that can make the customer buy the product at the end.
Two-Wheel Self-Balancing Scooter with Bluetooth Speaker (Veeko)
Whereas the previously described model was very basic (but great for that price range), this baby from Veeko is the complete opposite of that. Not only that this hoverboard looks great, it also has some very advanced additions that should make the more needing customers satisfied as well.
The product comes with a 1-year long warranty that covers all the potential mechanical defects and the other (unexpected) malfunctioning, in general.
The materials are completely scratch-resistant and all of them are UL 2272 certified which ensures a lasting quality in various different circumstances.
The hoverboard has two 6.5″ aluminum tires and a grand total of 700 W power that comes from its dual motors. This model uses lithium-ion batteries and one pack is already bundled with the hoverboard. The charging doesn’t take too long (2-3 hours on average) and the uptime is 4-6 hours.
Speaking of the more advanced features, this hoverboard has a professional gyroscope as well as well as the acceleration system and a servo-control mechanism that all allow your child to control its balance and to ride it smoothly across various different terrains. As the name suggests, this hoverboard also comes with an integrated Bluetooth Speaker.
One thing that has to be noted here is that, even though this hoverboard for kids is designed to be used by children of any age, it’s not that beginner-friendly and any child under 12 years of age should wear some protective equipment.
This is also not really a model that allows independent roaming around so, you should always be around your child no matter how skilled he/she is and no matter how old he/she is.
Other than that, if you want a great mix of price and quality, this hoverboard should certainly be considered. It has all the basic commodities that will ever be needed by your child and it has some more complex “toys” that he/she can play around with.
All that for a very reasonable price. But, if you want a more newbie-friendly mode, you will have to look for other hoverboards for kids instead.
- With this hoverboard, you are getting a more advanced solution for a very reasonable price.
- Unlike some basic hoverboards for kids, this hoverboard is designed to last more than a decade (on average).
- All the additional features will raise both the overall comfort and the enjoyment factor to a whole new level.
- This hoverboard is not a perfect choice for children who are under 12 years old and, if that is the case with your child, you will need to buy some protective equipment as well.
- Along with that, this hoverboard is not meant to be used independently by your child so, you will definitely have to be around to ensure that each ride is a safe one.
ION 6.5″ Hoverboard (levit8ion)
The 8th entry on our list is ION 6.5″ Hoverboard. I was looking at various different hoverboards for kids made by this company (levit8ion) and I can confirm that all of these products are designed for people who want good quality but for an acceptable price. And I think they are definitely doing a good job there.
As you may guess, all the materials are UL certified and all of them provide great stability as well as a very good durability in the long run. They are very fire-resistant and, unlike the other hoverboards for kids on this list, this one is designed by using the toughest aircraft-grade aluminum alloy frame which makes the hoverboard almost completely unbreakable and, at the same time, it supports the heavy load as well. The batteries (14-Cell 25.2V/4A) are also fire-resistant and they are certified as well.
This hoverboard also comes equipped with 200 W dual motors and, once fully charged, your child will be able to ride up to 6.2-mile long distances and with a max speed of 10 mph.
The hoverboard also supports even the slightly uneven terrains but, do take note that the performance will occasionally drop in those sections (especially when combined with other factors like age, weight, etc.).
The default color of this hoverboard is dark blue but you can make it look more “trendy” by choosing the black one instead (just one example, of course).
Lastly, we should also add that this hoverboard has a full Bluetooth support and your child can easily listen to his/her favorite music tracks while riding along this baby.
At the same time, the front LED panel will ensure that the hoverboard can be used just as safely during the night as well.
Many customers want quality and they are not willing to spend endless bucks to get the most expensive products that, in the end, could turn out to be quite disappointing.
If you’re one of these people, it’s perfectly understandable and, in that case, this ION 6.5″ Hoverboard is one of the best hoverboards for kids that you can buy.
As soon as you acknowledge all of its upsides and, as soon as you learn how to cope with its downsides, there is no doubt that both you and your child will be satisfied with this purchase.
- This hoverboard can certainly be classified as a “best buy” product especially for parents who are not able (or not willing to) to buy some of the more expensive hoverboards for kids.
- The aircraft-grade aluminum is able to provide exceptional longevity and, at the same, it makes the hoverboard almost virtually unbreakable.
- The hoverboard itself provides great quality for the given price range.
- Even though it says that the hoverboard can be used on various different terrains, in reality, the performance is dropping a lot in some places (especially when combined with other crucial factors like age, for example).
- There should be at least one more LED panel to make the night rides as safe as possible. At the same time, I don’t like the very limited choice of colors.
Self Balancing Electric Scooter with a Carrying Bag (CXInWalk)
First off, let’s just get this thing straight – this is not a real scooter. In fact, the “electric scooter” is actually a synonym for “hoverboard”. You may know that already but, I just wanted to point that out.
Anyway, this handsome babe from CXInWalk may not look as great as some of the previously described hoverboards for kids but, it surely comes with one hell of a price. And with a good reason.
This is one of the newer models on the market and, as you may guess, it comes equipped with all the needed widgets that will surely make your child feel that it’s riding a hoverboard that is made in…..well, almost a third decade of the 21st century now.
The hoverboard has a smart sensor and it’s perfectly customizable which makes this model suitable for children of any age and, even the young(er) adults as well.
There are also two different LED units to provide enough safety for night rides and there’s also a Bluetooth support that allows the child to connect his/her mobile device to the hoverboard in order to, for example, play his/her favorite music while riding along.
Of course, I believe that I don’t need to mention that, just like all the previous hoverboards for kids, this product also has all the necessary UL 2272 and UL 997 international safety standards that both ensure long-lasting quality.
In fact, there is one more layer of safety added here – the hologram certificate will certainly guarantee that the hoverboard can be safely used by any child and the safety level provided with this one is 99.99%.
What makes this particular hoverboard so special compared to the other hoverboards for kids is the fact that it can be used in both indoor and outdoor areas.
Yep, not only that your child will be able to ride the hoverboard outside, he/she will also be able to use it inside his/her home where he/she will have that extra comfort that every parent wants.
The hoverboard also comes with a free carrying bag that can be used to store the hoverboard and carry it around anywhere you go. So, this thing here is really what you call “universal”.
To cut this long story short, if you have enough money and you want to buy one of the best hoverboards for kids on the market right now, you should absolutely go for this one.
Not only that this model gives you a supreme quality all the way around, this is also a product that is designed to last for quite a while so, in the long run, the investment will certainly pay off.
- This is, without a doubt, one of the best hoverboards for kids that you can buy in 2018 and it’s worth every penny.
- Other than standard features, the hoverboard also includes a smart sensor (that is fully customizable), it has full Bluetooth support and you also get a free carrying bag that allows you to easily store your hoverboard and carry it anywhere you go.
- Unlike many other hoverboards for kids, this one can be ridden both inside and outside the child’s home.
- This hoverboard is not age-restricted and any child can ride it.
- Even despite all the positive qualities of this model, the price can still be overwhelming for some people.
- The visual aspect of this hoverboard is a bit lacking (especially for the given price).
- Some people reported having issues with the overall uptime of this hoverboard (once it’s fully charged, that is).
Hover Go Kart for Hoverboards (Hover Go Kart)
As a concept, this became really unique when it came out but, not every “go-kart” was able to provide enough quality to make it a worthy investment. Luckily, this one has it.
Not only that this model from Hover Go Kart comes with a really low price (the lowest actually, if we take a look at other hoverboards for kids), it’s really able to transform your hoverboard(s) so that your child becomes able to snitch that one additional slice of enjoyment that the classic hoverboards for kids don’t provide.
As stated in the product description, this model supports 6.5″, 8″ and 10″ hoverboards. Most hoverboards made by companies like Swagway, Razor Hovertrax, and Swagtron will be supported as well.
Speaking of design, this product is mostly red (you can’t choose another color) and it supports a full, 360-degree rotation so your child will be able to use the Hover Go Kart as a regular car and/or as a kart vehicle.
The speed can also be maintained, depending on the surface (and the terrain). The product has (recently) been updated and the materials are now more sensitive but they make up for a really good and solid construction of the whole Go Kart.
I definitely don’t recommend this Hover Go Kart to be your first choice for a hoverboard and there are many other (more) conventional hoverboards for kids that will serve your child better but, if you want a unique way to expand the whole concept of “hoverboarding fun”, give this Hover Go Kart a chance.
- Unlike the traditional hoverboards for kids, this one can be enjoyed in a completely new manner.
- The price is more than great.
- Hover Go Kart supports many different hoverboards and, if you already have at least one hoverboard, it will almost certainly be supported.
- It can be used in several different ways.
- This is absolutely not a product for every child and it’s not geared towards the beginners in hoverboarding either.
- The materials form a solid construction but they are very sensitive.
- You have only one default color to choose from.
So, we’ve reached the very end. As you can see, I tried to be realistic. All of these 10 hoverboards for kids are great choices for your child but none of them is perfect.
Each of them has its own pros and cons and you absolutely need to understand your priorities and the priorities of your child before buying any of these hoverboards for kids.
The key point, however, is that, once you’ve decided what is the actual product that you want to buy and once you’ve determined how much you are willing to pay, the chances of buying the wrong product will be minimal.
Even the best product in the world (there is no such thing but, you get the idea) may turn out to be a complete failure for some customers. And, when we speak of hoverboards for kids, it’s not easy to always figure out the needs of your child either.
That’s why you should always check out the user feedback on the particular product. In almost all circumstances, that feedback can be crucial when deciding what to buy. And, of course, I don’t recommend buying at local stores either as Amazon has so much more to offer. It’s also a safer way to get what you want, no doubt about that.
I truly hope you found these lines helpful. Thanks for reading and….good luck with your purchase!